TeamSnap is an award-winning mobile and web service for managing recreational and competitive sports teams and groups. With almost 15 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap has quickly become one of the fastest-growing team and group management solutions on the planet.
We are looking for fun people with big ideas and tiny egos who do great work. We hire awesome people, give them the tools to achieve great things and provide strong two-way communication so everyone can grow in their roles and find passion in their work. We strive for long-term, committed employees who feel strong ownership of the company, culture and product.
What you’ll be doing
As TeamSnap’s Director of Marketing Communications you’ll develop, implement, lead and measure the the success of an integrated marketing communications strategy that advances the TeamSnap brand and reputation. You’ll be responsible developing amazing content and communication programs that attract new customers, drive them through the funnel, and encourages ongoing engagement for both our B2B and B2C customers.
- Develop, implement, lead, and measure the success of an integrated marketing communications strategy that advances TeamSnap’s brand and reputation, broadens awareness of TeamSnap, and engages and mobilizes people to become passionate, paying users of the product.
- Work closely with strategic marketing to turn their customer research, competitive information, and positioning into messaging that sets TeamSnap apart.
- Develop amazing content and communication programs that attract new customers, drive them through the funnel, and encourage ongoing engagement, both for our B2B and B2C customers.
- Establish, articulate, and manage brand and messaging standards that reflect TeamSnap’s look and feel, and engage, inspire, and galvanize the organization to accurately reflect TeamSnap’s brand voice in all content, communications materials, and advertisements.
- Own and manage media relations, the TeamSnap marketing website, the TeamSnap blog, social media management, and sales materials.
- Develop a KPI to track brand value, continually monitoring it to determine the progress we are making.
- Hire, manage, and mentor a small team of passionate marcom professionals. The team initially will be you and one other person, but you have access to significant resources from other teams. Establish and monitor team and individual priorities, KPIs, and goals.
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure international, national and local media coverage of TeamSnap’s initiatives, programs, events, and announcements.
- Lead communication strategy for the social media team and ensure messaging is on point; deliver targeted messaging for earned media opportunities and overall brand equity.
Skills and attributes we’d like you to have
- Track record of building brand awareness, communicating differentiating value propositions and turning your company into a bold thought leader. You should be able to point to programs that cut through the clutter and set your past employers apart.
- Strategic thinker who is equally comfortable rolling up his or her sleeves. You will be a player and a coach. (We are a sports company so we use sports analogies for everything.)
- Highly collaborative - ability to work closely with marketing, product, sales, and the partnership team to build and prioritize programs.
- Exceptional content creation skills, whether that means overseeing the production of a video, working with a designer on an infographic, or writing a blog article yourself. Experience with sourcing and curating content is a plus.
- Comfortable defining and tracking KPIs that tie back to the corporate goals.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to excel in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, diverse, results-oriented environment, and to handle multiple projects concurrently under tight deadlines
- Experience with both B2C and B2B marketing would be a big plus.
Write us a short note providing us with specific accomplishments that you are most proud of in your marcomm career. Examples might include content programs that went viral, communication programs that turned your company into a thought leader, or social media campaigns that attracted a large number of new customers. To the extent you can share them, we would love to hear specific metrics that demonstrate the success of these programs.
- Join a revolutionary, award-winning company that has been named Outside Magazine’s Best Places To Work 2016.
- Our culture is based around trust and empowerment.
- Flexible working environment that rewards creative, ambitious people – we measure effectiveness and results, not the appearance of being “busy.”
- Plenty of opportunities to grow professionally.
- TeamSnap is a fun product – you’ll have fans.
- We never hold Bring Your Cat To Work Day and Bring Your Parakeet To Work Day on the same day anymore.
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup. We’re an established player in a massive market. We have a proven revenue model, an experienced management team, solid funding and a strong plan moving forward.
If you have big ideas, this is the place to make them happen. Please submit a your résumé along with a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for TeamSnap. Don't be afraid to show us your personality!
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive TeamSnap's success.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and beliefs are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.
P.S. We highly recommend that you sign up for a free trial of TeamSnap to learn more about the web and mobile applications. If you'd like us to extend the trial beyond 21 days, just let us know.